Linggo, Enero 27, 2013

Movie Trips: Les Miserables and Hansel and Gretel:Witch Hunters

I think 2013 is the year of tiis-gutom-nood-sine. Facebook posts show a great line-up of movies that have already and yet to be released in the Philippine cinemas. For this month alone, we have been to two movie dates (Les Miserables and Hansel and Gretel : Witch Hunters). 

Les Miserables
 
Well, we had to do some reading (thanks, Wikipedia) before watching Les Miserables. One reason, I think, is that we didn't want to end up asking each other "ano na nangyari.. bakit chuva..blah blah blah.." while viewing the film. The plot was beautifully written and the movie did not disappoint. The hubby is really not a fan of books-turned-into-movies, but this one amazed him to bits. Well, my favorites would be the "I Dreamed a Dream", "On My Own" and "One More Day" parts. Had I watched the movie alone, I bet I would run out of tears. All actors were  no doubt brilliant. 

After the movie, we went to SB for some coffee. Mic played Magic Cards for two long hours while I read "Mockingjay" on the tablet (which I by the way won from Sta. Lucia East Cinema Gatget Craze Promo). Well, not painful at all... Mic insists that making me wait for two hours is his sweet revenge for my helluva- 4-hr-rebond session. Karma.

Hansel and Gretel : Witch Hunters

While purchasing tickets, I was a bit shocked when the seller told us that our bill was 500 bucks. Ha? "3D po sya", was all that she could say. Double HA to me. I had no plans of seeing this on 3D. Oh well. Bye, 3-day allowance. And so we got the tickets, grabbed a bucket of popcorn, a large soda to share and Shawarma. Oo, share sa softdrinks.. naubos na sa ticket yung budget, nakakaloka. The movie was, action-packed, yes, but, not to that "amazing level". Cool twist, though.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento